Bringing Farms to Forks in the San Juan Islands
Local and Skagit Valley Suppliers:
- Puget Sound Food Hub www.pugetsoundfoodhub.com 60+ Skagit Valley Farms including Ralph’s Greenhouse, Hedlin Farms, Osprey Hill Farm, Bow Hill Blueberries, Skagit River Ranch, Samish Bay Cheese, Caruso Farms, etc. Online ordering and paying. $50 min.
- Local Goods, Orcas Island. Coffees, jams, jellies, spices, pasta, granola. ROB@local-goods.com 360-317-5904
- Acme Valley Foods and Jack Mountain Meats, Fresh and smoked pork, sausage, bacon, rabbit, ice cream, cheeses, granola. Regionally sourced. Chris dePalma, Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girl Meets Dirt– Jellies and Jams from Orcas grown Fruits. email@example.com
- 5B’s Gluten Free bakery, Concrete, WA Gluten free, fresh baked goods from bread to meat pies, lasagna, fruit pies, cinnamon rolls…. http://www.5bsbakery.com/contact.html
- Pablito’s Salsa; The company continuing to make fresh salsa using recipes originally from Pablito’s Restaurant, Friday Harbor 360-420-7516
- Willowood Farm, Organic local produce, dried beans, etc. Whidbey Island. Georgie Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pride and Joy milk– Raw organic Jersey Milk. pridandjoydairy.com Currently easiest to piggyback order with SJI co-op.
- Old Silvana Milk– Raw Guernsey milk from Snohomish. oldsilvanacreamery.com Jim Sinnema, owner 425-268-7961
- Mama Bird Farms– organic salad greens, English cucumbers, and heirloom tomatoes from San Juan Island. Mara or Lars, email@example.com 360-378-5565
- Organic Antics, foraged mushrooms including chanterelles, morels, lobster, and others from Sedro Woolley. Jolene and Kindle Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samish Bay Cheese. Organic cheeses, yogurts, labneh, meats. Roger Wechsler, owner email@example.com or Food Hub
- Fairhaven Flour Mill Organic whole wheat, specialty flours. Kevin Christenson, owner 360-757-9947 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shambala Bakery. Gluten free bakery in Mt. Vernon. Yummy things from breads to pastries to pizza crusts. www.shambalabakery.com
Regional Suppliers and Specialties
- Bow Hill Blueberry Farm. Great organic blueberries and value-added products. Also a drop point for SJI Transport for OGC, Costco, and other orders. Refrigerated and frozen storage is available, access is 24 hours a day. A crossdock fee will be charged by the owner, Harley Soltes. harley@bowhillblueberries, 206-940-1960, 15628 Bow Hill Road, about 3 miles West of I-5.
- Azure Standard. Major regional wholesaler of dry, frozen, chill goods. www.azurestandard.com
- Hummingbird Wholesale. A wholesale supplier that can deliver to Bow Hill. www.hummingbirdwholesale.com
- OGC, Organic Grown Company. Employee owned organic regional produce (including California and Mexico). Delivered to Bow Hill. $300/minimum www.organicgrown.com
- Costco business delivery. Order online, $250 minimum, specify drop at Bow Hill. www.costcobusinessdelivery.com
- EC Wilson Meats 425-481-5100, Info@ECWilsonMeat.com Meats from various regional suppliers, along with dairy, eggs, and other products.
- West Coast Paper, 253-850-1900 Foodservice and other paper goods.
- IGFC (Island Grown Food Co-operative), the Islands’ Butcher.
- Bianco-Rosso Wine Distributor, Seattle email@example.com
- Marine View Cold Storage, Burlington
- Cash and Carry Restaurant Supply, Burlington. I shop from your list paying with your card or check and bring the things to you.